Twenty years ago America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon's heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn't expect her Selection to be anything like her parents' fairy-tale love story...but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.
A new generation of swoon worthy characters and captivating romance awaits in the fourth book of the Selection series!
A few months ago when I saw that this was coming out, I thought, OK, I liked the first ones. They were a fun easy read. Kind of a fluffy girly hunger games vs the bachelor type books. I enjoyed them enough to read this one as well.
At first I thought I was going to get the same story just different characters. It did have a few parts that were kind of the same but overall it took on its own story line.
It didn't waste a lot of time talking about the previous books either a few tidbits but not bad. Getting into the book I honestly thought I had it figured out and knew how it was going to end, and all though I still think I might know how it ends, it has a lot of twist how it might go.
The author does a really good job with character development. There were a lot of characters that you really liked and made it hard to choose which one to cheer for.
Even though she really bugged me, I really couldn't help but like Eadlyn. She is different then most main characters, she is spoiled rude and kind of manipulative. She dose a lot of growing up and its fun to read how different situations help her realize the type of person she is.
Overall I really enjoyed the book and if you read the others and liked them at all I would read this book, However I thought it was just going to be one book a fun little story of America's and Maxon's daughter, but no, it's another freaking series and the end of this has a huge cliff hanger. So of course it will be another year and two years to complete this series. Oh well I guess that's part of making a good book.

No comments:
Post a Comment