Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge

Exploring on Pinterest I came across this pin and decided to pin it and give it a try. I listen to books while at my job, and on the drive, so on average I can get 3-4 7-12 hour books read in a week. I'm always looking for new books to read so I thought taking this challenge will be fun and make me explore books I don't typically like to read and books I have been toying with the idea of reading or not. I'm going to try and blog weekly with my progress and give a little review of what I thought of the book. 
Here are the list of the challenges:
When they are in red I have completed the challenge,
  1. A book with more then 500 pages
  2. A book that is a classic Romance
  3. A book that became a movie
  4. A book that was published this year (2015)
  5. A book with a number in the title
  6. A book written by someone under 30
  7. A book with nonhuman characters
  8. A book that is funny
  9. A book by a female author 
  10. A book that is a mystery or thriller
  11. A book with a one word title
  12. A book of short stories
  13. A book set in a different country
  14. A book that is nonfiction
  15. A book that is a popular authors first book
  16. A book from an author I love but haven't read yet
  17. A book a friend recommended
  18. A book that is a Pulitzer Prize winning
  19. A book that is based on a true story
  20. A book that is on the bottom of my reading list
  21. A book my mom loves
  22. A book that scares me
  23. A book that is more then 100 years old
  24. A book that you were supposed to read in school but didn't
  25. A book that is a memoir
  26. A book that you can finish in one day
  27. A book with antonyms in the title 
  28. A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
  29. A book that came out of the year you were born
  30. A book with bad reviews
  31. A book that is a trilogy
  32. A book from your childhood
  33. A book with a love triangle
  34. A book set in the future
  35. A book set in High School
  36. A book with a color in the title
  37. A book that made you cry
  38. A book with magic
  39. A book that is a graphic novel
  40. A book by an author you've never read before
  41. A book you own but have never read
  42. A book that takes place in your hometown
  43. A book originally written in a different language 
  44. A book set during Christmas
  45. A book written by an author with the same initials
  46. A book that is a play
  47. A book that is banned
  48. A book based on or turned into a TV show
  49. A book that you started but never finished
  50. A book based entirely on its cover
Here are the books on my list I would like to read this year some are in multiple groups. I'm going to be over confident and say I plan on reading the whole list this year and at least one book per challenge but we shall see some I'm still trying to decided if I really want to or not. 

500 pages:
  • Les Misrables- Victor Hugo
  • Count of Monte Cristo-Alexandre Dumas 
  • Little Women-Louisa May Alcott
  • Take me on- Katie McGarry 
  • Anna Karenina-Leo Tolstoy
  • Game of Thrones-George R Martin
Classic romance:
  • Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austin
  • Little Women-Louis May Alcott
  • Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy
  • Emma-Jane Austin
Became a movie:
  • If I stay-Gayle Forman
  • Memoris of a Geisha-Arthur Golden
  • American Sniper-Chris Kyle
  • Gone Girl-Gillian Flynn
  • Patriot Games-Tom Clancy
  • Runaway Jury-John Grisham
  • In Her Shoes-Jennifer Weiner
Published in 2015:
(These I know I'm going to read I'm
sure more will go on the list)
  • Wired- Julie Garwood
  • Suddenly One Summer-Julie James
  • Heir-Kiera Cass
Number in title:
  • 5th Wave- Rick Yancey
  • Fourteen Days Later- Sibel Hodge
  • One For The Money-Janet Evanovich
Author under 30:
  • Eragon-Christopher Paolini
  • Ghostman-Roger Hobbs
Nonhuman Characters:
  • Firelight-Sophie Jordan
A Funny Book:
  • Just A Guy-Bill Engvall
  • Food: A love Story- Jim Gaffigan
  • Dad is Fat-Jim Gaffigan
Female Author:
More then half the books are written by females so I will keep track what I read

Mystery or Thriller:
  • Don't tell-Karen Rose
  • Along Came A Spider-James Patterson
  • Gone Girl-Gillian Flynn
  • Hot Blooded-Lisa Jackson
  • Fatal Burn-Lisa Jackson
  • From the Corner of His Eye-Dean Koontz
One Word Title:
  • Unbroken-Laura Hillenbrand
  • Matched-Ally Condie
  • Everneath- Brodi Ashton
  • Defiance-Stephanie Tyler
  • Vanished-Irene Hannon
  • Endgame-Dee Davis
  • Service-Marcus Luttrell
Short Stories:
  • Twisted Fate:Traci Hunter Abramson,Gregg Luke,Stephanie Black
  • The Selection Stories-Kiera Cass
Different Country/A Place to Visit:
  • The unveiling-Tamara Leigh
  • Battle of Kings-M.K Hume
  • Gentle Warrior-Julie Garwood
  • Laiden's Daughter-Erin Jones
  • The Girl in the Gatehouse- Julie Klassen
  • Becoming Lady Lockwood-Jennifer Moore
Nonfiction Book:
  • To All My Friends- Jeffery R Holland
Love Author haven't read yet:
Once again list is too long to type so I will keep track

A Friend Recommended
  • White Queen-Philippa Gregory
  • The Night Circus-Erin Morenstem
  • Watchers-Dean Koontz
Based On True Story:
  • Seal Of Honor-Gary Williams
  • Lions of Kandahar-Rusty Bradley, Kevin Maurer
  • Service-Marcus Luttrell
  • The Only Thing Worth Dying For-Eric Bllehm
  • American Sniper-Chris Kyle
Scares Me:
  • Love Music, Loves to Dance-Mary Higgins Clark
  • I am Legend-Richard Matheson 
Read in School But Didn't:
  • The Great Gatsby-F, Scott Fitzgerald
A Memoir:
  • Seal of Honor-Gary Williams
  • Yes Please-Amy Poehler
  • Into Thin Air-Jon Krakauer
  • American Sniper-Chris Kyle
  • The Only Thing Worth Dying For-Eric Bllehm
  • The Red Circle-Brandon Webb, John David Mann
  • Warrior Soul-Chuck Pfarrer
Book Written in 1985:
  • When the Bough Breaks-Jonathan Kellerman
Trilogy:
  • Divergent-Veronica Roth
  • Matched-Ally Condie
  • Under the Never Sky-Veronica Rossi
  • Delirium-Lauren Oliver
  • Unearthy-Cynithia Hand
  • Mistborn-Brandon Sanderson
  • Black Sun Rising-C.S Friedmen
Love Triangle:
  • Throne of Glass-Sarah J Mass
  • Matched-Ally Condie
  • Everneath- Brodi Ashton
  • Anew-Chelsea Fine
  • Marked-P.C Cast, Kristin Cast
Set in the Future:
  • Enders Game-
  • Cinder-Marissa Meyer
  • 5th Wave-Rick Yancey
  • Divergent-Veronica Roth
  • Delirium-Lauren Oliver
With  A Color:
  • White Queen-Philippa Gregory
  • The Hunt For the Red October-Tom Clancey
  • NYPD Red-James Patterson, Marshall Karp
Make You Cry:
(This one will be tricky I am not one who cries with books and movies, but here are some I will try and see if they at least get me emotional)
  • The Fault in Our Stars-John Green
  • If I Stay-Gayle Forman
  • Walk to Remember-Nicholas Sparks
  • P.S I love you-Cecelia Ahern
  • My Sisters Keeper-Jodi Picoult
Books with Magic:
  • Throne of Glass-Sarah J Mass
  • Artemis Fowl-Eoin Colfer
  • Dresden Files, Storm Front-Jim Butcher
  • Battle of Kings-M.K Hume
Own but haven't read:
  • Free fall-Traci Hunter Abramson
  • Falling- Clair M. Poulson
  • Bonds of Loyalty- Jennifer K, Clark
High School Setting:
  • Pushing the Limits-Katie McGarry
  • Fallen-Lauren Kate
  • Pretty Little Liars-Sara Shepard
Book based on a play:
  • Phantom of the Opera-Gaston Leroux
  • Les Misrables- Victor Hugo
  • Romeo and Juliet-William Shakespeare
TV Show:
  • Heat Wave (Castle)-Richard Castle
  • Storm Front (The Dresden Files)-Jim Butcher
Started but never finished:
  • The Ghost War-Alex Berenson
More then 100 years old:
  • The Three Musketeers- Alexandre Dumas
Pulitzer Prize winning:
  • Gone with the Wind-Margaret Mitchell
With antonyms in the title:
  • Friends and Foes-Sarah M Eden


Books I am still trying to figure out what to read to go under the challenge:
  • A book with bad reviews Basically 
  • A book based entirely on its cover
  • A book that is banned
  • A book that you can finish in one day 
  • A book that is on the bottom of my reading list
  • A book my mom loves
  • A book that is a graphic novel
  • A book from your childhood
  • A book that takes place in your hometown
  • A book originally written in a different language 
  • A book set during Christmas
  • A book written by an author with the same initials











No comments:

Post a Comment